Thursday, September 01, 2005

Malaysian Miscellany

Did you know that Lim Kit Siang just started blogging? Check it out HERE.
(Tip o' the hat to: meqonline for this info)

~~
On 31st August, Malaysia turned, errr, what's 2005 minus 1957? 48? Yeah, think so :p Happy 38th Birthday, Malaysia! Tho, technically, it was only when Sabah & Sarawak joined us on 16th Sept 1963 that we changed our name from the Federation of Malaya to Malaysia...

Did you know that I once took part in that boring National Day Parade? Yeah, I was in secondary school, and was part of the Girl Guides contingent. Uh huh, how exciting *rolls eyes* All I remember is having to go for a few days of practice beforehand, and having to be assembled in he wee hours of the morning, getting devoured by mosquitoes... the only plus side was getting to meet with newly-made friends: some other Guides from other schools.

I have no interest in any of the official celebrations held all over the place... to me, all I want to mark the occasion is to see the archive footage of Tunku Abdul Rahman shouting "Merdeka! Merdeka!" (translation: freedom, independance, you get the idea) ... whoa, sends goosebumps all over, every time... so this year, I didn't catch that cos I'm not in KL :-( Anyone know where I could possibly get a soft copy of that?

~~
Thot I had more to post... and I do! but not on the topic of Malaysia tho... so I suppose I'll just post what I have now, and look to putting up another few posts soon...

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...