Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A run-in with...?

... finally took 2 pseudo-sudafed a few minutes ago... maybe that will dry my nose up once and for all... bleeeaaaaaahhhh!!

~~~
something weird happened at the apartment building last night...

some person ran into one of the downstairs apartments... with a car!

I heard the sound of breaking glass, and of a revving engine... looked out and saw this car backing away from the building... but but but when I first looked I saw only the back half of the car... errrr,,,, oookaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.... so the front half musta been *in* the apartment....

my first thought was that this person musta been in a hurry to leave, and jammed on the pedal, but had the car in DRIVE instead of REVERSE...

but then... there's that little concrete "bump" at the front of every parking space... and there's this step-up of maybe 6 inches from the parking to the apartment... so if all this happened by mistake, boy that person musta really not been paying attention!

Other speculation: drunk? drugs? "crime of passion"? or maybe the person lost his/her keys and REALLY needed to get in?

By the time my curiosity got the better of me and I wandered downstairs to see what could be seen, the apartment had been boarded up. That was after visits by a detailer(?), a cop and some firemen. Oh, and when it all went down, there was also a major storm brewing in the area too, with winds up to 65mph. Wow, such excitement!!

The next day (today), the place is full of workmen fixing it up. Snuck a peek while throwing the recyclables, and saw what seems to be the entire bottom of the front wall (about 3.5 feet high?) gone. Then when I left a few minutes ago, I snuck another peek - looks like they are installing a new doorway and door.

Whatever the reason for such an incident, I'm just glad all the samage seems limited to that one apartment (and the car). The structural integrity of the building does not seem to be compromised. Phew! Otherwise we'd all need to move out or something....

I am sooooooo curious about what this was all about... but at the same time, there's no way am I gonna go strike up a conversation with the workmen down there to see what they know about it.

Wonder if we'll ever find out the whole story...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...