Tuesday, October 04, 2005

... look out below!

"This ruling is unfair and unacceptable! So what if my behaviour is dangerous and potentially fatal to passers-by? It's their fault for not being careful when walking under my window."
Okay, so I'm putting words into Yuen Kin-man's mouth. But still...

People constantly amaze me... when you throw things away, do you stop to ponder what "away" means? I know many Malaysians don't think twice about it, and it looks like "away" to them just means "not in my hands" - hence the horrible problem of littering we have in the country...

And if such litterbugs were also residents of high-rise apartments.... you'd get high-rise litter thrown from way up high.... no kidding. Imagine walking down a street... and getting hit by a glass bottle thrown "away" by someone on the 25th floor... I have no idea about terminal velocity and such, but I'm sure that would cause severe injuries!

If the thought of flying litter missiles freaks you out, you may want to steer clear of Hong Kong.... this must be happening all the time, for the government to have started a scheme to force eviction of high-rise litterbugs.

Read article HERE about Yuen Kin-man, the guy who has the dubious honor of being the first to get evicted under this scheme.

I wonder... that thing about Yuen was also caught twice dumping domestic waste indiscriminately, has me wondering... he didn't throw his shit and pee out the window, did he??????

Also... he's evicted, but isn't Hong Kong filled with high-rise buildings? He's just gonna find another place to throw his rubbish out from, isn't he?

Apart from forcing the guy to foot the cost of cleaning up his rubbish, and all medical bills incurred by people who get injured due to his filthy habit.. how on earth can this situation be truly solved? any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...