Thursday, October 06, 2005

Some BONES-y dialogue

Noted this down last week, and kept forgetting to type it in... till now... yes, I actually stopped, rewound, jotted down, rewound, etc etc until I got it all down... here goes:

Some painful yet funny dialogue from the 3rd episode of BONES:
Booth's Boss: Doesn't your gut say suicide?

Bones: I don't actually use my gut for that, sir.

Bones' Boss: Dr Brennan (Bones) prefers science to the digestivev tract.

Booth's Boss: [addressing Booth] What about your gut?

Booth: My gut says it stinks.

Bones' Boss: [sotto voce to Bones] If he smells with his gut, what does he use his nose for?

{{ a few sentences of dialogue later... }}

Booth's Boss: In order for an investigation to occur, you, Dr Brennan, have to declare it a murder.

Bones' Boss: Without an investigation we can't find out if it's a murder, but there'll be *no* investigation unless Dr Brennan declares it a murder? Shall I send for a philosopher?


I take this as a sign that, if nothing else, they are upping the quality of dialogue... I may just end up watching more and more of BONES ... unfortunately, the next new episode won't be aired 'till 1st Nov. A long long wait.... dratted baseball season :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...