Thursday, October 13, 2005

not Aaron, just a blog on Spelling :-)

I don't claim to excellent at spelling, but I think I have a pretty good grasp of it :)

And most bloggers out there are pretty good about not having major typos... I usually stumble across the "common" ones like mixing up your/you're and there/their...

But then there are some like this one random blog I stumbled across a while ago... filled with atrocious spelling mistakes... just about every 2 out of 3 words were wrongly spelled... and the author actually seemed to be proudly stating in the sidebar that she couldn't spell to save her life... uh-huh, she definitely couldn't! One example I remember: season finale was spelled finally: I had to re-read the sentence before it finally (sorry!) made sense!

So I thought of that random blogger, and the many many poor souls out there who also have trouble with their spelling skills, when I came across this website:

yourdictionary.com 's misspelled words site


It's a "... one-stop cure for all your spelling ills. Here are the 100 words most often misspelled ('misspell' is one of them). Each word has a mnemonic pill with it and, if you swallow it, it will help you to remember how to spell the word..."

The "mnemonic pills" aren't *that* useful, in my book, but it *does*have a list of the most commonly misspelled words, which is interesting to read through as it is :-)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...