Wednesday, October 19, 2005

swiss snippets

I seem to be waking up at 3am local time... at least the night before, I proceeded to fall back asleep and not emerge till 11am. today it was a different story... terkelip-kelip mata, still awake at 4.. 530.. by 7am it really was no use pretending anymore so I got on up...

... and got up to such a dreary day... if I hadn't already made plans to head to Bnn and onwards to Tln, I think I would have just stayed in ... looks like it's wanting to rain, but isn't. Gonna be a chilly icckky day. I'll spend a few hours of it in the train, so I suppose thats good, as in I'm not wasting a bright sunshine-y day riding in the trains, y'know?

but speaking about trains.. OMG but are they expensive!! It's gonna cost me 51CHF from here to Tln, and another 51CHf for my return trip. At least with my bro so close to the airport, my final trip from here to the airport next week will only be about CHF4. Tried looking for some special fares / passes, but I must be willing to spend money to save money (i.e. travel A LOT in order to get the pass to pay for itself) and I'm not about to (or be able to) do that within the 10-ish days that I am here. So I just gotta bear the cost of the tickets.. yay.

Oh, and I just realised that i forgot to bring my main credit card! bugger!!! There goes the little cash I have!! aaarrrghhh!!

Geeeeez... and this day is only going to go downhill (and I'm not just talking about the walk from here to the train station), what with the start of exposure to family members long avoided. yeeehah.

one thing of interest: from the kitchen window, the view is of farms & fields. At the corner of one field, it looks like someone is sculping a totem pole out of wood. Looks like a rooster on top of a bear on top of something else. It's still in a work in progress. When I'm back here, will take a walk and get a closer look at it.

oh, and another thing: it's kinda nice to be back here... it's not that I miss this country, but there is certainly something comforting seeing the typically swiss (probably European too) things like narrow streets, very small cars, totally different building architecture and layout style... I'm also immediately adapting to the eating habits: am looking forward to fresh bread, cheese, mmmmmmmmm!

okay, I think that's it from me for now... will only be back on the www on Monday or so... till then... take care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...