Friday, October 14, 2005

smurfing the world wide web...

Many thanx to Gangadhar for the link to the Smurf Name Generator! You can go to his site, or to the original one HERE to play.
Using my full/real name, I am Jurassic Smurf (hey, I'm not *that* old?!)
Using Lynne instead, I am Waspinator Smurf (wtf?)

Kosh, you are Radioactive Smurf (hmmmmmmmm..... too much time at the lab?)
~~~
And on another smurf-related note... did you hear about UNICEF's new fundraising initiative to shock viewers into donating money to help children in war-torn regions? It features a 30 second cartoon clip of the smurfs doing the usual smurfy things in their village, only to have airplanes fly by and bomb the village - yes, a Smurfogeddon, if you will. It seems that it certainly shocks viewers, but at the same time, really drives home the point of "Don't let war affect the lives of children."

For the Yahoo!News article, click HERE. Tip o' the hat to Formula3G.

I wanna see this clip! No plans to be shown in the U.S., wonder if I can catch it while I'm in Switzerland next week? It's not supposed to be made available thru the internet either... wonder how they would police LimeWire, iMesh, etc tho...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh, I am *respectable*, when using the full CH name, I am Doctor Smurf. Doctor, wow. :-P When using the shorter one, I am, like Kosh, also a Radioactive Smurf.

    About the bombing of the smurfs here is a link you might want to try:
    http://media.putfile.com/end_of_smurfs

    Got the link from here:
    http://www.pixelbomb.com/blog/2005/10/10/bomb-the-smurfs-the-video.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...