Saturday, October 15, 2005

what's wrong with this picture?

it's saturday,12:15 noon.

the "plan" is to leave by 1pm, for that 4 hour drive to Iowa City.
  • I'm pretty much packed. Just need to shower, and final touches to the packing, then I'm done.
  • Kosh, on the other hand... is currently eating breakfast, watching the second half of Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed that he slept through last night. Yes, the movie that HE wanted to see last night, but *I* ended up watching all the way thru while he'd dozed off. Grrrr. So, yeah. Guess who hasn't packed... and HE has to pack for a month, and not just clothes but books and whatnot for this away rotation PLUS interview for medical school.
Wonder when in *real* time we are gonna be leaving this place!!

Arrgh!

I cringe every time we need to pack & leave for a trip, whether it's to the folks or whatever... it's usually only on that day itself that Kosh will want to run all these tiny errands before leaving town. so often, the time estimated to arrival becomes our actual departure time. Can we say *s*t*r*e*s*s*? I'm pretty laid back myself, but even *i* think he takes it just. a. bit. too. far. *sigh!*

Anyways... so, once we finally *do* get to Iowa City... still have no idea where we are staying once we *get* there! Kosh has a few places in mind to check out before finally choosing one place ... all the more reason to get there when there's still light out, eh?

So, we settle in to wherever... and the next day (tomorrow) I'm flying off to Switzerland. From an airport 30mins from Iowa City. Which we will need to get to a few hours before my 5pm flight. I ended up choosing a Sunday flight, despite the additional cost, just because I didn't want to factor in any uncertainty of traffic, hospital duties or whatever.

I suppose I'll be back to "usual" levels of stress once I'm in Switzerland. Yay.

Catch up with y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...