Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Another meme, a salute, lullabies and laundry

No worrries, this one is quite painless :-)

Here are rules of the 123/5/3 book meme, courtesy of SG:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest. (Like all my books aren’t intellectual)
6. Tag three people.

Okay, here goes nothing!!
Physical examination may reveal a pericardial friction rub, asterixis, hypertension, and/or decreased urine output. Hypovolemia suggests prerenal failure, whereas hyupervolemmia is consistent with renal or postrenalfailure. Other signs and symptoms reflect the underlying cause (see Table 3.12).
That fascinating bit of gobbledygook was brought to you courtesy of Dr Kosh Naranek and the book First Aid for the Wards: Insider Advice for the Clinical Years. And as usual, I do not tag anyone. :-)

Other stuff:

What a delightful find! Thanx to Eden, I've found the bestest stuff for babies, music-wise! By Baby Rock Records, there's this Rockabaye Baby! series of Lullaby Renditions of various groups like Nirvana, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins and The Beatles!

Today I laughed and laughed and laughed till I had to wipe tears away from my eyes; Karl is such a brave brave brave man, I just *have* to share his bravery with y'all. See HERE. I salute you, Karl! :-) [am gonna watch the vid again - once I'm done with this post!] [watch the hands @ 2:07] [Karl i *so* want that shirt! not that particular one lah all sweaty meh; "where can i find a geek t-shirt like that?"]

And it's now 1130am. I should start on some laundry. After shower. After watching Karl again.

Ciao!

5 comments:

  1. I got that shirt from my ex-girlfriend. I believe she got it at Thinkgeek, though I'm not positive. They do have some great shirts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I just rewatched the damn thing to see what was at 2:07. Wow. Nice adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev> by all means, help yourself :-) I think it's a kinda dated meme, not that that should detract from the pleasure of completing it, eh? :-0

    Karl> thanx for the tshirt tip, I'll have to check it out and drop not-so-subtle hints to Kosh/family for upcoming b-day/knot-tying things :-) And yep, those hands at 2:07, well, teeheehee let's just say that's just one of the many little things I noticed that had me cracking up, LOL! Oh, and in *my* dictionary? Look up the word brave and your picture - no your video! - is the definition. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing the tag, lynne. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the lullabies too. They should have a "buy all" discount, once they're all available.

    I think you could get that shirt at Think Geek or maybe at someon's Cafe Press store.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...