Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hairy & Fowl tales

This is one lame pic. But it tells the story.

The story of the badly-draining bathtub.

Which wasn't so bad before, but once I got here what with my long hair and the fact that I was/am shedding or something, it slowly got worse and worse...

to the point where unless you took a lightning fast shower, you were gonna be standing in a few inches of greywater. Ugh.

Yesterday the maintenance guy finally turned up to clear it out, whoohooo!

So after that, i tried to remember to not allow my hair to get into the drain again... so draped the loose hair on the wall instead.

Yum!

But hey, it's probably not clear at all - but that is actually a work of art! There's a female lying back with wild hair around her head giving birth to The Scream.

Seriously!

Now on the shopping list: bathtub drainage protector thingy.

* * * *
Last night was the SECOND aborted attempt to go to Greek Town for dinner with KTN: the first time Kosh got back at almost 10pm instead of 7pm. This time we'd postponed the meet from 5 to 7pm, hung out a bit, then made our way there,,, only to find the roads cordoned off - for some greek Festival going on this weekend! If we'd known about it we'd have planned accordingly, gone earlier, etc etc etc... as it was, we kinda circled around a bit, then decided we'd just head elsewhere.

Where?

Penang restaurant, in Chinatown - a Malaysian restaurant. LOL!

I gotta say, their belacan fried rice is pretty good!

And they serve roti canai as an appetiser??!! ROTFLMAO

KTN's Kari Sayur [vegetable curry] was okay, but overall curriness was not as good as the little bit of curry served with the roti. Kosh tried the crispy onion duck - which was surprisingly edible! I've tasted duck twice before, and both times have just been barely able to swallow the gamey smokey ickky fowl taste [pun intended], but this time around, I would have been hard-pressed to identify the dead animal as a duck.

Walked up and down one part of Chinatown - I'm surprised at how NOT happening the place was,,, I suppose I assumed it would be like Petaling Street or Chow Kit or something :p

So... that Greek Town meal? Maybe 3rd time'll be the charm?

* * * *

Today ... champagne & orange juice and leftover belacan fried rice! For breakfast! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...