Thursday, August 31, 2006

omg it's coming right at us!

breakfast #1 (5am) = a zone bar
breakfast #2 (7am) = another Zone bar

"brunch" (12.30n) = 1 pt of Ben&Jerry's Dublin Mudslide

"lunch" (6pm) = 2 small bowls of cheerios & silk soy milk

"dinner" (10pm) = About a quarter of a slab of Entenman's cheese-filled coffee cake

yummmmm can we say HEALTHY?!


* * * On to other news...

Hey, I may be getting the hang of Chicago, or at least a small part of the Loop area! I wasn't immediately lost/disoriented when getting off the L! I actually knew where west was!! Whoohooo!!! [don't laugh... in Malaysia streets are NOT laid out in a grid pattern! I'm too used to things NOT making sense!!!]

Good news too - it took a while, but in the end I kinda found the "jewelry" needed to "match" the "outfit" I have planned out for next week. I found it - at Claire's LMAO! Classy/high-maintenance, I am not, waahahahaaaaa!

Oh that reminds me - the past two times I've been on laundry duty, I feel my IQ points drop lower and lower... becuase the tv seems to be stuck on oh-so-intelligent shows like Jerry Springer [the "weddings" theme included this guy who's engaged to three women, and all three of them were appearing ont he show thinking they were gonna be married on the JS show. I think I heard the thump/clunk of my IQ while folding clothes!!] and Divorce Court [this woman who says she is a princess, a perfect ten, and therefore is deserving of hundreds of bucks' worth of new clothes every month week and she can't understand why her husband would actually *gasp* cut her off! She was so self-centered i just pray it was all an act for tv because if this person was for real, omg, she should be shot dead in an attempt to clear the gene pool a bit!!]

In other news, it's quite a relief that Ernesto didn't end up being the badass hurricane he was feared to be... tho I think tomorrow we'll be starting to feel his effects anyways - rain expected over the next few days. So it may be a wet start to the Labor Day weekend. Not that I/we have anything planned - i think Kosh is on call, and besides, he's got some applications to submit for another round of matching into a preferred ENT program. Of course, right now, Kosh is passed out on couch. Poor fella!

We were watching South Park Season One - the pink eye episode was still a good laugh :-)

Oh - then there was a few days ago where we finally watched Memento. Okay so we kinda knew what to expect because we'd gotten this after watching Butterfly Effect and enjoying it, then having a friend pooh-poohed it saying Memento was much better. Heh. I dunno about "better". Certainly warrants a re-watch to see if you could figure out what was going on if you had the advantage of having the end [beginning?] in mind. But not immediately lah. Oh, and thanx to looking these movies up on imdb, I've found out that there's a sequel to the butterfly effect due out in 2007? Hmmmm. Will it pick up where the first ended?? Might be worth a watch [on rental lah].

Speaking of rentals... ugh... Chicago is, errr,,, too cultured!! Within the entire Chicago Public Library system, there are NO Buffy DVDs! I suppose Netflix would be a good alternative [Kosh has said we've got this free trial offer thingy we need to take advantage of soon], if I want to complete my Buffy education. I think I made it up to Season 5. Two seasons to go! And I *so* wanna see the end-end, and how that dropped Spike into the Angel cast the following season. Yes, I like Spike, so sue me! :p

On that note... I suppose I'll help myself to another slab of cake, then get Kosh awake so he can go sleep in bed instead of the couch.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Oh my God! I so agree on that woman being shot dead. I am surprised that the judge him/hersefl didn't pull out an uzi and gun her down. She must have an IQ below Forest Gump level, no doubt!

    I like your writing Lynne! it is funny and honest!

    Take care, and have a good weekend!

    Hugs Monsoon in Norway

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...