Tuesday, August 15, 2006

OK Go & LEGO!

I highlighted a weird music video of a great dance routine involving six treadmills in my earlier post. I enjoyed to song too, but couldn't concentrate too much on it cos I was just too fascinated by the video!

Looking thru some blogs I've neglected to read for a while, came across Matt's post that has *another* video by these guys. (Check it out here, and tell him i sent ya)

So my curiosity was piqued, decided to find out a bit more about these guys.

They are OK Go.

Wikipedia page here.

Official site here.

I kinda assumed they were some weird European group... but in fact they are from Chicago! I was waaaaay off, LOL!

But you know what? I have now more item(s) for my wish list! Any [knowledgable] OK Go fans out there who can tell me which albums I should consider adding to my collection? [and yes, I'm still kinda old-school - i'd rather have a physical album {albeit CD as opposed to vinyl} than download the MP3 versions, whether legally or illegally] I'm considering OK Go and Oh No, so if I had to choose just one, which should it be, or is there another better one? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Oh... and something else I found when looking thru blogs I'd neglected for too long: some awesome LEGO movies! THIS POST has three professionally made movies and if you search for other posts around that time you'll find more, less "slick" ones too. But my fave is the Star Wars Ep V 1/2: The Han Solo Affair. I burst out laughing at quite a few places! Check it out, hope you enjoy it too. And tell Hurty Elbow I sent ya :-)

Ah, the wonders of YouTube....!

6 comments:

  1. Those lego movies are amazing. SOme people are really creative. Talkign about Lego, I would love to have one of those indstorms series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those guys are badass! Who would've thought treadmills could be so much fun?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne....

    It's me Rail... the wacko who's all stressed up with work tension. Got ya email and will reply soonest possible. Do u want me to send u a compass by snail mail. Let me know.....

    Til later, ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little Kinks, a little Clash, very 80's -- Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! I'm a recovering music snob (ever see Hi Fidelity?) and thank goodness because I'm so ridiculous when I spaz out and start talking about how OKGo is tne best thing in pop blah blah blah...

    Now THAT's rock. Making a jaded music lover spaz out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...