- SHAUN OF THE DEAD. omg so f*cking hilarious! Get it! Rent it! Watch it!!!! i was howling with laughter through so many parts of this flick! I am so *not* a zombie-movie-type person, but then again, this is NOT a typical zombie movie. It's great. Go watch it! Go!!
- BATMAN BEGINS. Eh. Wasn't very impressed. Slept through the middle half of it. The only thing going for it? The corny close caption description of the music - THAT had me LOL-ing and smiling [effectively countering the yawning. temporarily.]
- In the solitary cell, Qui-Gon Jinn says "I counted six, Mr Wayne" : [ominous theme playing]
- When Bruce Wayne gets released from prison & dumped by side of the road, he gets up and studies the mountains : [suspenseful, meditative theme playing]
- Soon after Bruce Wayne arrives at the training place, Qui-Gon Jinn growls "Make no mistake : here you face death!" : [tense action theme playing]
- Bruce Wayne spray paints his first batsuit : [dark, thrilling theme playing]
Yeah, dunno how funny that strikes you reading it here... i just have to say that when you combine a sucky movie with corny captions, it makes the movie just a wee bit bearable!
Oh, and how's this for s.a.d.?
A few minutes ago the TV was on and I caught a few minutes of something that looked like George of the Jungle - except that it wasn't with Brendan Fraser. And Ursula looked [and sounded] very very familiar. I had an idea of who she was, and wanted to confirm it. So hunted high and low in imdb/amazon before finding the movie (George of the Jungle 2 : i think it was a direct-to-DVD release!). Looked up Ursula, who was played by one Julie Benz. Who played Darla in Buffy / Angel. I was right! Haahahahaaaaa! I am *so* proud of myself!
But wait! It gets better! I noticed Ms Benz is in a new tv series DEXTER, and after a few clicks here and there to get more information... whaddaya know... it's based on those alliteratively-titled books I totally loved last year, about a "moral" serial killer who helps hunt down "run-of-the-mill" serial killers. See here and here. Would be really interesting to see how they adapted that to the small screen. Pity we don't get Showtime. Oh well. [Oh - i *think* Ms Benz plays Dexter's "beard" of sorts. If you've read the book u know how/what I mean].