Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Long overdue! audience participation and aura

Yep, the audience participation meme... and since it's so overdue, figured i'd respond in a proper post instead of in the comments :-) Here goes!

[btw - the "animal you remind me of" is a tough one for me across the board - i'm gonna take this as a sign to acquaint myself with lot sof types of animals AND their associated characteristics!]

Malapetaka:
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
    You used to bully the hell out of me, subjecting me to your Judo headlocks and stuff, and I really really hated you when I was younger.

2. I'll challenge you to try something.
    Well i can't challenge you to get a tattoo, can i? haahahahaaa! How about this: I challenge ya to take time off at short notice to attend my tying of knot session, whenever that is going to be, heehehe!

3. I'll pick a color that I associate with you.
    a drab bluish-grey. not sure why.

4. I'll tell you something I like about you.
    I like that you're a nicer person now than when we were growing up! (see #1 above!)

5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
    Dunno about "first", but certainly a very OLD memory would be of you finding a little abandoned kitten and insisting on naming it Luke Skywalker - we were at that house in PJ Jalan Tanjung. It didn't survive tho. the kitten, not the house.

6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
    ugh. well i'll take the easy way out and say an oriental dragon, teeheehehee!

7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you.
    Actually it's something that only recently struck me, based on my aura-reading session: do you think your good and yet bad SPM result was the result of a perhaps subconscious attempt to get away from the house/family without being subject to more crappy Malaysian life? i.e. did it happen because you wanted to escape Malaysia and the family?

8. I'll pick a song that reminds me of you.
    Nena's 99 Luftbalons.


Next, for Umi:
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
    You checked out my blog after seeing a comment I'd left on Patrick Teoh's blog, and you were hooked! heehehehe!! Now THAT is encouragement for me to drop intelligent comments at blogs I read :-)

2. I'll challenge you to try something.
    ugh. ummm... seeing that you've been observing kids/parenting on the LRT lately... how about doing a solid 5 days of "interesting scenes from the LRT" involving at least one picture per day taken furtively while commuting in the train and a brief writeup of the weird/annoying/funny/inspirational character that caught your eye for that day.

3. I'll pick a color that I associate with you.
    This has to be green - the color of your current green&black blog template

4. I'll tell you something I like about you.
    Your writing style is free and easy - and I like how you pose all these questions - you are not "lecturing" people, but seem to be in the process of pondering some deep questions, and sharing that process and thoughts with the blog readers.

5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
    You first commented on my blog on the "ghost experience" - I reciprocated by visiting your blog, only to find I couldn't leave a comment.. and me being me, I dropped you a line to inform ya :-)

6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
    ummmmm, a dolphin? intelligent, but with hidden depths that we only get glimpses of when you choose to share yourself with the world.

7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you.
    ummm,,, none really... how about this - for coffee, where would you prefer to go: mamak or Starbucks or Coffee Bean?

8. I'll pick a song that reminds me of you.
    Bad English's When I See You Smile, because it reminds me of your "stalker" - yes, my mind works in mysterious ways, heehhehehe!


****

So, the aura-reading session I had last Friday...

I won't blurt out much lah, after all, it's a personal thing what... but I gotta say, I went away with lots of things to think about. In a way I think I kinda wasted the opportunity because I didn't really know what to expect and what to ask... but then again, if you stop and think about how I ended up there squeezed in in my majorly over-scheduled last few days in KL by virtue of a chance remark over tea with Sunny which was a "let's meet up while we have this tiny window", the fact that the day/time we got there was usually a busy time for the aura person and yet she was free to layan me for quite a long time, and that the aura person says she immediately saw something she knew she had to tell/warn me about... all that kinda points me to think that I needed to have some information with me before I left the country, and that "the powers that be" kinda guided me to her in order to get the message.

Anyways - I *will* share that my aura is bright shining golden, tho it's a bit grey around my head, indicating my mental agility is kinda stunted (see, if i was thinking clearly, I could have asked if it was just because of my 2 years of jobless bumming, or if the "rot" had set it much earlier... did I ever NOT have a grey head? grrrr... will need to go back for a follow-up... in a few years??). I take my difficulty at even assigning animals to bloggers as a symptom of this

She did say that the aura around the heart, indicating passion (for life, for anything), is nice and bright, and that's a good thing :-) Especially considering I'd have thought the last 2 years of work would have drained my "heart" dry... tho I wonder if the following two years with Kosh has helped rebalance that part of me?

I need to get back into my role of the sun - providing energy and light to others. [This wasn't mentioned, but is my take on things that ever since that one relationship that forced me to kinda clamp down on my natural behaviour (jealousy is a terrible terrible thing to be subject to, especially when combined with an "illicit" relationship that needs to be kept secret thus alienating many of my friends), I've been less than the real me]

My ideal vocation (not so much career or job) would be something very earth-based: anything from the funeral business(!) to real estate to charity to gemstones to fortune telling to fung shui consultancy. Kinda funny, I have always been fascinated by the last three examples, but only dabbled in them superficially.

My "hidden" talents in writing and counselling fall into the "fire" category, which would also be great for me as a channel for my own "fire" - a temper that needs to be properly channeled in order to not assist in my tendency to self-destruct.

I think.

heehehe!

sooo much information to remember maaah... but I figure what I remember is what is important to me at this time.

anyways - so we covered some numerology in addition to the aura reading itself, and like I said, I walked away with plenty to think about. I think the RM60 was worth it.

If you're interested, drop by the place at Subang Square - it's on the ground floor, and has crystals in its name.

oh.. if I was ever going to wear any gemstones, I should get those that enhance my golden aura - so yellow/orange sapphires [or the less expensive citrine, according to Rail] would be the way to go. Riiiiight. It would need to be something really really simple and yet well-designed tho, cos I really really don't bother with much jewelry [right now all i wear are my engagement ring and wavy bracelet, and occasionally some earrings]. we'll see lah... what with the upcoming knot-tying, maybe I can guide some people to some gems for me? wait, that won't work unless i know *where* to guide people *to*! Guess I'll be looking for that after this,

well, after setting up the crock pot lah...

it's 930 now and I'm still at the puter... aarrgghhh!!

dragging. self. away. now. byyyeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...