Friday, August 25, 2006

this had me stumped! [plus GOOD NEWS!]

figure THIS out, why don't ya?
(H/T: Andrew Hilkowitz)



Okay so I spent too much time calculating the area of a triangle that *gasp!* isn't a triangle even tho it damn well LOOKS like one! Slippery slopes indeed!

Want the answer instead of allusions? see here.

* * * *

Hey - on another note? Kosh owes some MAJOR favours now [bro, please take note - MORE/EVEN NICER CHOCOLATE BRIBE/TOKENS NEEDED!] [oh - and happy birthday to yooouuuuuuuu!], cos someone higher up reached down and rearranged next month's work schedule such that that weekend we need *is* Kosh's weekend off! Just found out like five minutes ago. Whoohoooo!! So at least the whole event is not going to feel like a "contrived for parents" affair anymore, and may in fact be what I'd hoped it would be. [of course, even tho the "walls" have been taken away, doesn't mean the memory of being backed into a corner disappears with them! But that's another story].

Next on the agenda? First, a related/allusionary [is that even a word?] story:
One time, back in bandcamp high school, my "gang" and I put on a dance number - it was a "set-up" thingy I'd thought up, where we had like 6 pairs of people dancing to the painfully slow and totally unhip Put Your Head On My Shoulder, had them spin the partner out, and had one of them accidentally/on purpose let go of the partner so that she bumped into someone else and screamed and interrupted the dance. Upon which the song would change to Twist and Shout and we'd boogey to the song right till the end. Now, the first set had me in the front as the "crooner", and during all the practice sessions we had, I'd turn around and end up kinda choreographing the "twisting" session, making sure the rest of the dancers we getting their steps right. Then, on the performance day itself, we were up there on stage, I did the croon, she did the scream, the music got switched, and i suddenly realised I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DOING! I'd been so involved making sure the others had their parts down pat, I'd forgotten about myself! At least we'd had the vague idea of my being "the singer-cum-guitarist" [said guitar being my tennis racquet, lol!], so my tennis racquet was there on hand... so i just kinda mimed the words to the song while tennis-guitaring around the stage while everyone else went through their well-rehearsed [and should I add, well-supervised? heehe] steps.

No worries, t'wasn't a big deal for me performance-wise, I could wing it with no problem... but it was definitely a shock to me to realise that I'd been blind to such a glaring hole in the sequence!
... and that is *so* me too: getting all caught up making sure others are on board, to the expense of my *own* arrangements...

... like, oh, wondering what I'm even gonna want to wear for that day that's coming up.

rotflmao.

good thing I know that no matter what I choose to wear, it won't meet with approval from most of the attendees [oh come on.. me???? in a dress???? you have GOT to be kidding, okay?!! make-up? hair??!!!??!?! eh??? what planet you from again?], so I'm aiming just to please myself. I have an appointment with a Personal Shopper on Tuesday 29th August, we'll see if he has any miracles for me. Otherwise it might just be jeans & our Meat Loaf t-shirts to mark the occasion, wouldn't THAT be a sight?! I'd do it too!!

[Hey Karl, I bet you wish I had video footage of that dance of my teenage years to share, eh? Maybe it might've been a rival to your Springfield / OK Go vids? Oh wait, I wasn't wearing boxers, ROTFLMAO!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...