Wednesday, August 23, 2006

NOBODY puts baby in a corner!

Unfortunately, there's no happy ending like in Dirty Dancing that I can see right now.

You know, I tried to give certain parties [one in particular] a heads-up for an upcoming event while qualifying that things were tentative, not set in stone.

And watched in horror as things just got totally out of control.

And the cherry on top? Finding out just today that Kosh does NOT have that particular day off.

Now, if that certain party had not gone crazy and bought plane tickets already, I wouldn't think twice about rescheduling [no denying I'd be a bit sad, cos that date was kinda significant, but hey, I know I have to be practical mah!] our event - after all, NOTHING was set in stone.

Except somehow it *did* get set in stone by others. By their actions of cancelling presentations. Of buying tickets. Things that were not meant to be done until things were certain. But they were done anyway.

So even tho Kosh's now-known schedule for September shows two other workable dates, we feel constrained [backed into a corner, if you will, hence the title of this post] to make the "original" date work by hook or by crook because certain parties have already shelled out tons of dough on plane tickets to get here. And you and me know that chances are very high that these tickets are not changeable once issued, eh? Or, changeable but you pay thru the nose...

But hey, ever the optimist [haha] I'm now waiting for responses to see if there is any chance of changing the tickets anyway.

Can't hurt to ask.

But in the meantime, I'm going to have to go with the worst-case scenario of Kosh not having the day/weekend off and therefore having family visit for a faux-event.

Oh what fun.

okay, in reality, Kosh probably could get that particular day off, but that would involve poor low man on the doctor totem pole calling in favors he doesn't even really HAVE yet, y'know?

Like I said before - i will be SO GLAD when this is all over.

I *so* need like twenty tubs of Dublin Mudslide right now.

Would probably taste salty tho.

Bah.

[silver lining? at least the news came today instead of yesterday and ruining the day]

[btw - no worries, I ain't obsessing on this... after all, I'm taking steps to address all this - finding out options, then going from there. But right now? Right now I really just need to sit and steep in some rage, because I feel like hollering I TOLD YOU SO wondering if it can be heard all the way to Malaysia]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...