Sunday, January 08, 2006

an email from my boss

... from one of my ex-bosses, actually...

I'm guilty of not yet reading the book he gave me when I transferred out of his unit in 2001: Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I will be finally tackling that when I'm back in KL. Definitely!!

He's given me more reading recommendations: Looked them up on Amazon and yes, they look like interesting reads! It's been a while since I've bothered with any management-type books, but these look like good ones to ease myself back into them.
One is in the library system, and I've already ordered it. Unfortunately, the other one is NOT in the system, so I'll take a look at it when I'm next in a bookstore.

On a related aside: I'm kinda high cos I received not just this e-mail, but another from another ex-boss recently: one a VP & one an MD/CEO when they retired from the company. I'm still remembered :-)

2 comments:

  1. I *tried* to read Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance once and struggled about halfway through it until I decided that it was okay not finish it since it wasn't for an assignment or anything. All I remember is some guy and his son taking a long motorcycle ride. Not exactly a ringing endorsement, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisette: LOL, maybe not ringing, but it gives me an idea of what to expect when I *do* pick up the book, thanx! :-)

    snglguy: well, I like to think I was :-) compared to the others, i think I definitely stood out :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...