Tuesday, January 24, 2006

a mighty wind...

... a mighty wind's a-blowin'
it's blowin' you and me!

Thus ended the song from the movie / spoof documentary A Mighty Wind (a close cousin to This Is Spinal Tap, for those not in the know)

...But a mighty wind is also what's blowin outside right now!

It toppled 3 out of the 4 recycle bins ... me & Kosh righted them, plus put most of the crap back into the bins.. then just as we were halfway across the parking lot, we heard a mighty THUD and guess what? Yeah, one of them was back down again, LOL!

Well, at least we made an effort... :p

~~
The library has a mini-display, its topic changes every few weeks. This one's been up for some time, and always catches my eye when I pass... the "topic" is "Don't Judge A Good Book by its Movie." Some books on display include The Cider House Rules (movie starring Tobey Maguire of Spidey fame), the LOTR books, and a few others.

Today I noticed a new addition - Stephen King's Dreamcatcher! I have one word for this - UGH! The movie was certainly horrendous, but the book didn't do anything for me either...

Kinda makes me doubt the other books on display... (not that I remember them right now, LOL!)

~~
So right now I'm at the library, in case you hadn't guessed.

Actually wanted to be at the gym - was gonna have Kosh drop me off there on the way to his work, then I'd do my ~1hr then add in the 20 + 10 min walk back through the mighty wind to the library to drop off/pick up books and head back to the apartment.

Then I took a look up at the sky - it was u.g.l.y. ... ink black... yikes! Ookay, so we're not subject to tropical storms like in KL, but instinct and habit die hard - I wasn't gonna risk having to walk 30 mins in a cold rain!

So I cut the gym outta the plan... A 10-min walk in potentially crappy weather is much more acceptable than 30mins, don't ya think? *grin!*

Of course, right now it looks like it's all blown away - the sky is not forbidding anymore.... Oh well, the intention to exercise was there :p

~~
I realise need to work on my CV if I'm going to be applying for temporary and/or part-time jobs when I'm back in KL. Bleah.

It struck me that I will have been out of the rat race for about EIGHTEEN MONTHS. I certainly will not be looking for something that puts me right back in the middle of the race.

Maybe you'll see me behind the counter at McDonald's asking "Would you like fries with that?"

Haaahahahahah. Kidding :-)

Kinda.

4 comments:

  1. hi lynne! thanks for droppin by.... have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and for you pregnancy congrats :o)

    I'll be updating as I expand so pop back and say hi anytime.

    It's really refreshing to actually find a witty blog, so thanks for writing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen Best In Show? I like it a lot better than A Mighty Wind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kewl to see comments! thanx, y'all!! :-)

    elisette; actually, no I haven't heard of Best in Show, so I looked it up in imdb, and was then pointed to another in the same vein: "waiting for guffman". so I'll have two movies to put on my to-watch list :-) thanx!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...