Skip to main content

have they no shame??

I never thought I'd emulate SnglGuy's post of highlighting a mutation of the Nigeria scam, but this just appeared in my mailbox, and just left me amazed... read on:
I am AMINA ABID from GHANA.I am married to Late Mallam ABDULKARIM ABID of blessed memory who is an oil explorer in Kuwait for twelve years before he died in the year2000.We were married for twelve years without a child.He died after abrief illness that lasted for only four days.Before his death we were both devoted Muslims.Since his death I too have been battling with both Cancer and fibroid problems.

When my late Husband was alive he deposited the sum of $10.5million (Ten Million,Five Hundred thousand U.S Dollars) with a Finance Company .Recently,my doctor told me that I have only six months to live due to cancer problem.Though what disturbs me most is my stroke sickness.Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to either a Muslem organization or the victims of pakistan earthquake . I want this Muslim organization or individual to use this money in all sincerity to fund mosques, orphanages, widows, and also propagating the word of ALLAH and to ensure that the society upholds the views and belief of the Holy Quran.

The Holy Quran emphasizes so much on ALLAH'S benevolence and this has encourage me to take the bold step.I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are new Christian's converts and I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an Unholy manner.Hence the reasons for this bold decision. I know that after death I will be with ALLAH the most beneficent and the most merciful. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health,and because of the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development. With ALLAH all things possible . As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact information of the Finance Company and the country in oversea where the money was deposited.I will also issue a letter of authority to the Finance Company authorizing them that the said fund Have being willed to you and a copy of such authorization will be forwarded to you I want you and the Muslim community where you reside to always pray for me. My happiness is that I lived a true devoted Muslims worthy of emulation.

Whoever that wants to serve ALLAH must serve him in truth and in fairness.Please always be prayerful all through your life.Any delay in your reply will give room in sourcing for a Muslim organization or a devoted Muslim for this same purpose. Until I hear from you, my dreams will rest squarely on your shoulders.May the Almighty ALLAH continue to guide and protect you.

Hajia Amina.


Disgusting.

Friggin' scammers.

Have they no shame????

Comments

  1. It looks like the 'Nigerian' scam has spread far and wide. It's good that you posted this scam letter for everyone to read...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really hate these scammers.... but these letters keep circulating because there are gullible people who keep falling for them scams!

    it's things like this that have made me into an extremely distrustful & cynical person...

    ... and at the same time I am amzed at just how gullible people can be...

    I suppose greed overcomes rational thought?

    and in the case of the scammers - greed takes priority over scruples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dear legitimate commenters: all comments are welcome! My sincere apologies for making you go through the word verification hurdle, tho.

Dear spammers: please don't bother... I'm just gonna delete any spam that squeaks through word verification anyway, so why not save us both the trouble, eh?

Thanks!
*lynne*

Popular posts from this blog

Noritta Samsudin: Case closed? WTF?

I was amazed to read that Datuk Mustapha Abdullah, the city police chief considers the Noritta Samsudin murder case closed. (Click here and here for some articles)

Background
In July 2004, one En Hanif Basree Abd Rahman was acquitted and discharged by the court on the murder of Noritta. Of course, the months leading up to that ruling made for gross reading in the local newspapers… Early on I decided to just not read the papers, as it was obvious that the murder victim, who seems to have been a high-class callgirl, was the one being judged. I’m certain I did the right thing, for as time went by, more and more people started complaining about the level of detail being reported by the papers. Details about tears in the vagina, and age thereof seemed to be the focus of the court, rather than on the clients. Then again, from early on it was rumoured that many VIPs were among the victim’s “customers”, hence the blinkered focus on the victim rather than her clients. And the clients who…

BOH Seri Songket flavored teas

For many a year, boxes of BOH's Seri Songket flavored tea have served as handy buah tangans for relatives and friends in Switzerland and the USA, providing exotic teas in an exquisite bit of packaging. I'd not tasted any of these teas for myself, though, so this time around on my trip to Malaysia I made it a point to get me a few boxes of my own.

I picked three: Earl Grey with Tangerine; Passion Fruit; and Lime & Ginger; and have tasted two out of the three so far. According to Moomykin, the unlikely Lychee Rose combination is surprisingly good, so I'll grab that next time. Other flavors available in theory are Cinnamon; Clove & Cardamom; Mango; and Vanilla.

Review of the Seri Songket Passion Fruit flavored tea:
I've had this twice so far.

When you open the sachet, the smell/flavor is rather overpowering. But it all disappears when the teabag is steeped in hot water.

The first time, I used one bag to make 4 cups of tea. It seemed a touch watery, and tasted j…

It's been a while...

It's been so long.

Here's what's been going on. I had one kid, then another. Thing One / Nova was my first ever exposure to a kid. I'd never changed a diaper until he came along, and even then I deferred to the hubs or the NICU nurses before I forced myself to overcome that ?fear?.

He is my first. So I always wondered during tough times, was it just me? Or was it also him?

Turns out, it was us both.


He starts First Grade this August. He's currently being (re-)evaluated for an IEP (Individualised Education Plan). ADHD. ODD. ASD. SPD. The journey to these labels was a long one. And still ongoing because I don't think we have it quite right yet. But the labels help. I fought against getting labels. But now I seek them. Anything to help understand. Never in a million years would I have foreseen me medicating my kids. Yet here I am, seeking new meds, getting him a genetic test that should help identify which medications should help him, since the usual suspects see…