Thursday, January 05, 2006

Resolutions of the New Year

I was going to explore the history of celebrating the new year, and inform people that Jan 1st is just one of many new year dates celebrated ... but Dawn beat me to it - so go read her article HERE please :-)

And thanx again to Dawn, I also found this Resolution Generator:


In the year 2006 I resolve to:

Start spamming people I do not like.



Get your resolution here



Other resolutions generated for me:
  • Start a cult
  • Get married in a bar
  • Quit making the same damn mistakes in my life!
  • Becoming a mail-order bride.
  • Grow some new friends
  • Loose[sic] at least seven jobs
  • Get 10 speeding tickets
I think I had way too much fun with this thing, LOL!

Anyways - no resolutions per se for me. Never believed in them: either you do something, or you don't. No need for a new year to kick you into action. In the words of my fave little wrinkled and green muppet: Do or do not, there is no try.

But for those who *have* made resolutions - all the best to ya, here's hoping you success in achieving them :-)

1 comment:

  1. LOL indeed! it certainly spits out some real kooky resolutions! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...