Sunday, February 19, 2006

Da Vinci's Inquest, Smallville and It - a common thread?

Watched Stephen King's It recently.

Bleah, really badly made - poor acting, poor dialogue, poor special-effects - though it was relatively "loyal" to the book. Glad to finally have seen it, tho... cos I didn't catch it when it was first shown on HBO in 1990. But overall, it's still better than what they did with The Stand, LOL!

In It, was really amusing to see a very young Seth Green, playing the young Ritchie Tozier. I knew him originally from the Austin Powers movies, then as Oz on Buffy :-)

Then the young Beverly Marsh looked so familiar,,,, voice, mannerisms,,, finally figured it out she looked like the prostitute Sue from Da Vinci's Inquest. Thanx to imbd, got it confirmed! The actress = Emily Perkins.

And the "old" Beverly Marsh? None other than Annette O'Toole, the same one who played Lana Lang in Superman III, and Martha Kent in Smallville :-) Funny to keep seeing her on screen :-)

And speaking about Smallville.... Watching the older episodes of this tv series, seeing Lana Lang's aunt Nell Potter... something about her reminded me of Sgt Kurtz *again* of Da Vinci's Inquest. Kosh was like "No, they are not the same person", but, well, I wasn't convinced. And thanx to imdb, found out I was right - it IS the same person! Actress = Sarah-Jane Redmond.

Hmmmm, maybe I'm watching at bit *too* much tv?? LOL!!

Or rather.. I'm watching tv *too closely*??! *grin!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...