Tuesday, February 14, 2006

VD#2: oooops, were those Qing vases i just destroyed?

Did you hear about the three priceless Qing vases that got smashed in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge, England?

yes... smashed... when a visitor "tripped on a loose shoelace, tumbled down a flight of stairs and crashed into the vases, smashing them into smithereens".

I wonder just how safely these vases were displayed, since they were not behind any protective plexiglass or anything: some articles state that these vases "... had been displayed for many years on a staircase window sill".

... but ... on a window sill??

"Shocked but determined museum staff members have vowed to glue the shards back together again".

Why do I have images of Humpty Dumpty in my head?
* * * * * *

Wanna read more?
1. MSNBC: "Oops! Art lover trips, shatters ancient vases"
2. BBC News: Historic vases smashed in stumble
3. Archaelogical treasures destroyed by klutz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...