Friday, March 17, 2006

Book update!

I don't have a target or anything, but I am keeping track of the books I read this year, and will post a summary of them all at the end of this year. A quick look at that draft shows that I've read 9 books in January 2006; 2 in February; but NONE SO FAR in March! Yikes!

Yea, somehow I'm not feeling the call of books right now: the new digs and the ikea-themed room are somehow not conducive, I guess :p But will need to at least log ONE book for March! Gonna look at all those partially-read / unread ones sitting in the cupboard / on the shelf....

In the meantime, here's a book I am definitely picking up; don't remember at whose blog I came across this: The Lost Blogs by Paul Davidson.

... what a great concept!! .... Here's the Book Description from Amazon: "There are over 13 million people in the world currently blogging, but what about the blogs written by the iconic men and women who (unfortunately) died before the Internet was even invented? In this witty and original take on the most important technological development since spam, THE LOST BLOGS offers hundreds of blogs from the most famous minds in history, detailing their hysterically personal (and impersonal) revelations, such as: John Lennon's thoughts after meeting a young woman named Yoko Ono (and her strange interest in the Beatles' publishing rights). Tips of the trade from Jesus Christ's carpentry blog, including how to build a combination water and wine rack. Shakespeare's treatment for a new play about two princes who misplace their horse and carriage and spend the entire play trying to locate it. How a stray hot dog nearly derailed Ghandi's hunger strike. Jim Morrison's original lyrics to Light My Fire (what does smell like a burning tire?). And the missing two cents from everyone else who matters, proving there's no such thing as "too much information."

... it's exactly my cup of tea, methinks!

... coming soon: May 2006.

1 comment:

  1. Whoooa!!! I'm gonna wait for it to come out! Thanks for sharing this... :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...