Saturday, March 11, 2006

No, it was a *suicidal* saturday!

o*m*f*g*

Lesson #1: If you don’t use your shoes, you will lose them. Cos they get spoilt. Spoiled. Whatever. I had a pair of sensible, very low-heel pumps, half velvety half leathery. Unfortunately they were a size too big for me, so I didn’t wear them too often for work (after all, I had my Beatles-like boots I wore all the time!). Brought them out to wear with my baju kurung today. By the end of the day, they had pretty much fallen apart on me…

Lesson #2: no matter how “convenient” & cheap, don’t take the KTM Komuter train service on weekends!! I stopped at KLSentral and took the train to Mid Valley, cos it was raining cats and dogs and I just didn’t feel like going back yet. Despite my feet not being too happy in those shoes lah. Train to Mid Valley was delayed 15mins, but there was seat for me to wait, so I could take a load off my feet, yahoo.

Walked around Mid Valley, found a “substitute” photo album (details later), found two pairs of shorts to add to my “workout collection”. Feet were killing me, so I found a place to just sit down for like 15 mins.

Decided to head back. Back to the KTM Komuter station around 5.15pm. Train was due 5.25 or so, yahoo! Then it got delayed to 5.45. Then 6.01. Then 6.18! And in the meantime, THREE trains came and left in the opposite direction!

So, you can imagine the crowd that had gathered on the platform…

And so, yeah, … by the time the train did arrive, it was already quite full…

I was fortunate that I was right in front, at the yellow line - so I got to breathe fresh air AND and the train door was exactly where I was standing!

What yellow line?

THIS yellow line!




So.. the train arrived - already quite full...

... and the crowd at the back pushed forward…

And the people trying to get out met resistance cos of those pushing to get into the train…

I’m glad to say “my side” was well behaved and actually waited till everyone went out.

Unfortunately, the other side of the same door did NOT wait! So the people were delayed in getting out because they were battling with the friggin idiots.

Then… well… I somehow got inside the train… swept by the crowd… squeezed in so tight, didn’t really need to hold on to anything…

But, ugh., friggin smelly armpit people still want to reach over my head to grab the bar by me… all I could do was bend my head down, breathe thru my mouth, and think happy thoughts.


Got out of there, headed straight for a taxi, paid ELEVEN ringgit (did the prices go up again??) to get back to the apartment. No way I was gonna stand in the LRT to get a few stops further, only to take another taxi, or walk… walk: haahahahah! I could barely walk, really… I winced at every step… boy did that bring back memories…

So here I am… desperately craving a long hot bath in a place where without bathtubs; needing the comfort of Kosh’s arms, yet he’s half a world away.
Sigh.

Anyways, the highlight of the day was the wedding I killed my feet dressing up for: the bride & groom looked really nice in dark blue & gold, and it was great to meet up some of the girls again (yes, we’d just met the day before, so what?? LOL!)

Okay. Getting majorly braindead.

Showertime!

Here's to a Sedate Sunday.

Ciao.

4 comments:

  1. Did the armpit odour cause you nausea?

    Bad luck if it did! Take a cab from sentral or midvalley. It's much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of shoes almost like those you shared and I love 'em... They are wearin' out on me and I can't find another pair like them anywhere. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had some shoes that seemed to just wilted away even though they were seldom used. It's like they have a life span on their own...

    ReplyDelete
  4. maverick> not exactly nausea, but dunno how long i could have tahan it... good thing i needed to get out at the next stop..k alau all the way to rawang like that... ayoyo.... and yeah, next time i will take a cab from MidValley terus lah. I bet it's the same price as from Sentral.

    TNC> yeah, i *really* like the unusual "two-tone" velvet-leather combo... pity it didn't last... will have to look out for it again... found that pair in switzerland! :p

    SnglGuy> yep... that's why i usually use a pair or two until they wear out, and only then get another pair... no use having too many slightly-used ones: on the rare occasion you want to use it, chances are the shoes are brittle/ moldy/etc...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...