Tuesday, March 07, 2006

... of burnt hands and worn-out sandals...

It's been a busy few days.

Yesterday was a trip to IKEA - my first ever at the new place. Yes, "new" place. i.e. haven't been to IKEA since they moved out of 1 Utama HOW MANy years ago? LOL!

So, walked around there, was reminded again how much I like the "clean simple" style they have.

Of course, look look only lah... even if I saw something I liked, where to put in that/"my" room, ah? :p and of course: who to pay for it, teehee!!

aaaanyways, we were there, among other reasons, to find something for me: kinda like a closet organiser thingy. Found it. Grabbed it. Paid for it. Went home, and realised I'd grabbed the wrong one!! GGGgggGGggrrrRRrRRRRR!

So, had to go back to exchange it...

... but not before mother had her chit-chat session with some of her pals, so I walked around Bangsar for about 2 hrs while she was at the Bangsar Village building.

Wah - The Roof is now The Castle.
And I saw the 19:11 club whose theme is currently LOCKUP, where the O & C are a pair of handcuffs, one side closed one side opened. was supposed to go there, but change of plans cos turns out it isn't that great. bummer. will be enjoying the Ladies Night Wednesday in the Beach CLub area tomorrow instead *grin!*

Aaaaaanyways... then went to IKEA, got the right item. Yay! Can add a *bit* of order to the chaos in my cupboard!

Later for dinner, we decided to have pizza (from a box lah, not from scratch). Good thing too, cos there was a HUGE storm that passed by, we would not have been able to get very far if we did the usual go-out-for-dinner thing.

Mom didn't have a pizza tray to put the pizza on while in the oven: improvised with an upside-down pie tray instead.

Worked well.

Except there wasn't any easy way to get a grip of the thing when taking it out!

Hence... my battle scars >>>>>>>>

:p recognise the background, anyone? :p

Then.... recently, my trusty Nike sandals, that have been with me since 2001, and really look their age, finally gave up on me... they'd been giving up in the past already - had glued them back myself, then later got a cobbler to do a better job... but the other day, i think they decided to give up on me ...

So... today's agenda: the sandal hunt @ 1 Utama!

First: size!
  • According to my Nike Air sneakers, I'm a size 7.
  • The dead sandals, also Nike, were size 6 and actually a size too big for me.
  • When I go bowling, I usually need the smallest they have, like 3 or something.

  • Overall, I assume I'm a size 6, and go from there.

Started with a look at Nike: they had a not-very-outstanding model for RM200. Waah, if I was earning a comfortable living, I might indulge myself with that. But me Jobless Bum loh! Plus it wasn't that nice.

Started looking around more seriously...

Saw a nice Addidas one, 50% off, making it RM90 only. But only Size 7. Men's size. Bleh.

Saw TWO by an unknown (to me) Brazilian(?) brand Rider: also only men's models, men's size. Bleh bleh. Pity, they were RM40 and RM90: reasonable!

Found another unknown brand: AXEL. Black with some orange trim. Good enough for me. Unfortunately, their size 6 was a bit too big... would have preferred size5 but they didn't have it for that model. I was not going to sport a pair of WHITE sandals, u.g.h.!!

Bummer. RM39.95! Bummer bummer!

Gave up. Had food. Tried looking for photo album refills. No-one sells that... I suppose it's weirdo's like me who prefer to expand existing albums than keep on buying new ones :(

Found my way to Jaya Jusco, still looking for the refills.

While I was there, figured might as well check out their sports section...

THEY HAD THAT AXEL SANDAL IN MY SIZE! On display.

Took forever for me & the salesgirl to find the box containing the other half.

But..... i got it!! Whoohoooo!!

So now, those cruddy stinky well-worn Nike sandals can say bye-bye.

Bye-bye!

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm, me blur? what would you do with it? After all, it's all cruddy and has how many years of sweat absorbed into it, heehee!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, drop me a comment.

about two months later...

 ... hi again. This return to blogging is really not working out, is it? Actually, I am writing, three pages of mind vomit and affirmations ...